My work as a creator and producer of TV shows, documentaries and features has taken me from the wilds of Africa to singing and dancing muppets and from the perils of shark-infested waters to the back-stabbing scandal of contemporary corporate life. My first job in the industry was as an assistant editor on the sequel to the cult classic The Gods Must be Crazy and I’ve proved that proposition by following my dreams and ambitions all the way from Johannesburg to Brooklyn, New York.
- Tina Fey introducing Love Gilda at the Tribeca Film Festival opening night gala. Tine teared up as she paid tribute to the comedienne we all love, “The film was emotional for me, because we know how it ends, and I didn’t want it to end. I didn’t want the film to end.”
- Accepting a Peabody Award in NYC for Talk to Me, the documentary I produced and directed for Sesame Workshop.
- Being part of the Sesame Street team who created Kami, the HIV+ muppet who helped break the culture of silence around HIV/AIDS. Not only is she a awesome role model but kids love her!
- Travel Channel greenlighting the second season of Durban Beach Rescue, the docu-series I created and produced, proving that African stories resonate with audiences all over the world.
- Working with Wonderama host David Osmond– he is a real pro, truly talented and has a wicked sense of humor.